Monday, April 30, 2007

Alot of things happened suddenly.

-Out shopping with mum.
-Mum gets call from maid.
-Maid says my grandfather had a
coughing fit and then went silent.
-Mum starts panicking and asked maid
if he's breathing.
-Maid can't talk because she's in shock.
-We both panick and run to taxi stand.
-Waited one and a half hours for cab.
-Mum's friend went over instead.
-Mum's friend calls my mum and says
"I'm sorry,he's gone."
-Mum cries in taxi stand.
-I feel damn bad but trying to calm mum
down.
-We finally get into the cab and rush over.
-Police is waiting outside the house.
-They question her.
-She tries to speak while crying.
-I see grandpa.
-I cry.
-He's gone.

;-(

Goodbye grandpa.
But i know you're still gonna be around
to watch us grow up.
You lost your eyesight totally when I was 2.
At least you got to know how my brother and
I look like.
I'm only 19..and you thought I was in university
about 3 years ago.How cute you are,grandpa.
I'm gonna miss you.
No wait..I already do.
The last I saw you was at Christmas.
I meant to come down to see you that night with
mum.
But we were too late.You didn't wait for us.
I guess you chose that time for a reason.
Mum and I are just sad that no one was with
you at the time of your peaceful departure.
But i do believe somehow that your mum was there.
I do believe angels were there for you.
Singing for you.
I was in shock.
I never knew you were going to go that fast.
i always thought you were really strong,just like
your wife.
We didn't tell her you're gone,though.
I know she knows by herself.
She's quiet these days.No more hallucinations.

My suit is ready to be worn for you tomorrow.
So is mum's and godpa's.
I'm sorry Richie couldn't be here.
Dad too.
But you know we'll visit you together whenever
we can.
You know we will.
Everything happened so fast.
You taught me one thing though,that I always
never believed or just simply brushed off..
You taught me that you should always treasure the
ones you love and say everything you wanna say to
your loved ones before it's too late.
You also taught me that things happen when you
least expect it.
Now I know what to do and what to look for
in life.

My tears are dropping now,endlessly.
I just felt the need to put down my feelings here.
I hope you know how much I loved you and how
I loved to talk to you,even if it was about something
you were hallucinating or imagining.
Whatever you told me,I'd cherish it.
I won't forget it.
I won't.
You're always gonna be in my heart.
I will never forget you.

We know it is against your wish to be cremated.
We respect that,hence your burial tomorrow.
No matter how far we have to travel to get to your
place on earth,we'll do it.
You mean alot to us.
We thought no one would come to your wake.
But look at the turn out?
Everyone knew how good you were to us.
It was just your character to be wise,honest,patient,
and giving.
I know you had a tragic accident.
You fell badly into a drain after coming out from church.
You had a serious eye op that left you blind.
Yet you didn't give anyone trouble.
Mum said you never gave anyone trouble.
Even when you departed,you didn't trouble anyone.
We wouldn't have said anything if you did.

Grandpa,I can't say more.
I never really talked to you much because i only
visited you once a week when I was in pri school.
In secondary school,I was much busier and I seldom
came there to see you.
I regret that.
So what if you're blind? You still could feel my hands.
and you could talk to me.
I regret that..I'm sorry..I'm really so so sorry.
I know you won't hold it against me.
But I won't make this mistake anymore.
Even if your wife can't really see anymore,I'm gonna try
and talk to her everyday.Bit by bit,depending on her
mood.Sometimes she gets bad dreams and starts
screaming.I never once complained about that.
She can't help it.
In a way,she lights up the room in the morning.
You will know what I'm talking about when you come
and see her tomorrow.
For now,please try and get some rest.
It might be cold for you,though it's hot for us.
I've covered your brown box.I don't wanna say the word.
But to me,it's the brown box.
I've polished off the fingerprints,like last night.
I hope you like the box mum and I agreed on.
I regret not taking the white one though.
i thought you might get offended because the guy said
it usually is for ladies.
You'll have much more freedom and peace tomorrow.
Not to worry.
Once again,please try and rest now.
We're gonna do the same.
i want to have enough strength for you tomorrow.
I just want to.

Goodnight,grandpa.
I'll see you tomorrow.
Night night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home